Please ask your tax advisor on what is deductible and how to do it.

In general, it is possible to deduct only liability insurance (not partially comprehensive or fully comprehensive insurance) from your annual tax return as an employee. If you are using the car as an employee to get to work, you can also claim the way to work as ‘Werbungskosten’ (unless your employer is already compensating you directly).

If you are self-employed and use the car for work purposes, you can claim your car related costs as operating expenses.

Did this answer your question?