In addition to your vehicle insurance, you may have signed and included a so-called letter of protection (Autoschutzbrief). 

Such a letter is a document that might often be helpful in case of breakdowns, theft or accidents, when it comes to a damage coverage. 

This kind of letter is usually valid throughout the EU and some other specified countries depending on your insurer.

Did this answer your question?